The following materials are from the 2017 Conference in San Diego.
- Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation Guidebook (WK Kellogg Foundation, referenced by Mee Moua). ** access via Dropbox link**
- Steve Phillips’ Op-Ed in 2/21/17 New York Times
- Shifting Charity from Philanthropy to Justice, SSIR (recommended by Doug Stamm)
- Kica Matos/CF for Greater New Haven’s immigration video
- Kim Burke/Center for Policing Equity presentation slidedeck **access via Dropbox link"
- Raikes Foundation: Stanford University Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society – Design Thinking and Strategic Philanthropy Case Study Stanford-PACS-Raikes-Foundation-Case-Study-9-2-2015-
Pre-Reading in Conference Notebook
For Wednesday Sessions:
- Brown is the New White, Chapter 6, Steve Phillips Provided in hard copy in conference notebook.
- Brown is the New White - Phillips
- Article: Police Shootings-Foundations Test
- Center for Policing Equity Documents:
For Thursday Sessions:
- Article: "The Double Trust Imperative": Earning the Trust of Donors and the Community, A History of Community Foundations, John Reid
- Article: “Big Issues, Many Questions”, Phil Buchanan, Center for Effective Philanthropy (30+ pages, you can view it here.)
- Article: “ Foundation CEO Angst”, Phil Buchanan & Ellie Buteau, Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Using Networks for Greater Social Impact, Kelvin Taketa Breakout Session
- Report: TPI-Foundation and Donor Priorities, The Philanthropic Initiative, Ellen Remmer Breakout Session
- Report: "The Portrait of Marin", Tom Peters Breakout Session (70+ pages, you can view it here.)